Brainetics Review – Everything You Should Know Before Purchasing
Does Brainetics really work? That’s the question most parents have after watching the TV commercial for this program. Read my Brainetics review below with the actual result I got with my sons.
Even though my 9 year old twins have often been exposed to brain games & problem solving exercises at school, I didn’t feel that the teachers were doing a really good job. Apparently, my kids were still having problems with math and some other subjects, which is the reason I was on the lookout for a solution.
When I heard about the Brainetics system through a relative during our last Christmas’ gathering, I decided to give it a try. And I can tell you that nothing I have come across had such an impact on my kids’ drive to learn more and challenge themselves. Since then, they’ve been really excited about learning math and to be honest I couldn’t keep up with them.
No, the most important part is not the ability to solve complex computation in seconds (though that is really impressive). It’s them being able to do something that their peers can’t. They get a kick out of it. And the more they excel at it, the more they enjoy it, and the more confidence they get.
Brainetics System was able to help my kids improve their overall attitude and self-confidence. They no longer fear school and are putting their full effort & attention into their learning. It is extremely rewarding as a parent to see your kids go through such transition!
- How To Buy and Any Cheaper Alternatives To Brainetics?
- Setting Your Expectations With Brainetics
- What’s Inside the Package and How Brainetics Works
- Is Brainetics Appropriate For Kids Only?
- Are Math Shortcuts Useful?
- Is There Any Brainetics Scam?
- Winner of Parents’ Choice Gold Award
- Cheaper Alternatives
How To Buy and Any Cheaper Alternatives To Brainetics?
If you are still sitting on the fence about whether to buy this product because of its price tag, I can tell you that it’s worth the investment. You can go straight to their official website and buy from there, or you can actually save money on the product and on the delivery fee when ordering through Amazon.
With that being said, I know money is tight for many families, so here are similar products that can save you up to 80% of the cost and still get all the core lessons like Brainetics:
Setting Your Expectations With Brainetics
Although the Brainetics system has been very beneficial to my children, it doesn’t mean that you will get the same result. So before we get into more details of how the Brainetics actually works, you should set your expectations for this product straight:
1In the actual “parent manual” that comes with the product, it clearly states that your kid should master at least the basics of math like addition, subtract, and multiplication to some extent. Thus, you may want to consider whether this is suitable for your kid or not. It’s recommended for ages from 9 to 99 (we’ll get to that later).
2Secondly, this program certainly helps eliminate the intimidation of falling behind peers, boost your child’s confidence, as well as their overall performance at school; but it’s NOT a replacement for traditional learning and mathematical concepts. If you are home-schooling your child, this is even more important to keep in mind.
3Furthermore, I have seen parents who expect too much from this program. Your kid will not become a genius overnight, or go to college at 12 years old. The underlying concept by Mike Byster is to encourage brain stimulation and make math learning fun. Like he said, to the kids it’s more like a game instead of a teaching lesson.
4Lastly, the mistake that parents seem to make (oddly enough) is to just throw the kid at it with little to no involvement. Like “go to your room and learn this”. It just doesn’t work that way. This program is designed for parents to get involved and connect with the child.
Bottom line, it really comes down to your best judgement. The Brainetics system is about unlocking the power and capabilities of your child’s brain. And while you think about it, keep this in mind too: it’s easier to correct any poor self-perception and attitude towards learning at younger age than later in life.
What’s Inside the Package and How Brainetics Works
In this section of the Brainetics Review, I will cover what comes with the package delivered to your house and how the whole program works.
You will receive 5 DVDs, a set of flash cards and playing cards, a playbook, and a parent’s guide.
- Parents Guide is the manual for parents with a detailed agenda of each lesson/DVD, ways to get involved in the learning process with the child, and things you can expect.
- 52 flash cards are designed exclusively for the Brainetics course to assist the learning process.
- The playbook is comprised of practices to help student fully grasp each lesson.
- DVD#1 – Identifying number patterns and how to be focused.
- DVD#2 – Using cool games and tricks to suppress math-related stresses.
- DVD#3 – Solving complex computation in their head using math shortcuts.
- DVD#4 – Multi-tasking techniques using mind power to figure out any math question.
- DVD#5 – Enhance memory identification, mental and brain power.
How Does It Work?
The way the Brainetics program works boils down to 3 fundamental concepts
- Brainetics teaches how to MASTER all the learning skills including: concentration, problem-solving, increased mental and memory capacity, organization, and thinking outside the box. These skills are actually very vital to the development of a child; however, they are often neglected at school.
- Brainetics trains the mind to function two different parts at the same time. One part focuses on memorization of data while the other processes and sorts all that input. This method will help unlock the potential of the brain, which results in a much higher level of efficiency. This gives the student a competitive edge during their academic years and beyond.
- Brainetics is designed for students to have fun. They won’t feel like it is a burden like most kids feel about school work. Like the author, Mike Byster, put it: Students will think about the program as games while in fact it isn’t.
Is Brainetics Appropriate For Kids Only?
On the Brainetics website, they claim that the program is suitable for ages 9 – 99. And I totally agree with this statement. Why, you ask?
As we age, our mental aptitude begins to weaken. Keeping your mind sharp and your memory active is important to a healthy and youthful life. Brainetics helps you achieve just that. (Image: You may get grandpa to learn Brainetics too :) by freedigitalphotos.net)
With that being said, Brainetics targets children at a young age, so the program is tailored to be a little bit “childish”. It will not appeal to everybody. Well, at least I know my husband became interested in this program. He watched and learned with the kids, and he was hooked!
Are Math Shortcuts Useful?
There’s a lot of debate among parents concerning the actual benefit of math shortcuts when students are required to know all the steps involved when working out a problem. I agree that knowing the whole process is still necessary, and the longhand way is still going to be mandatory in school.
However, here’s my take on this: When I was still in school, the most frustrating part after the test was I didn’t know whether I gave the right answer until the test scores came out. And my children told me the same thing. Also, knowing the shortcuts will give kids the ability to double-check their longhand work which will save time on exams.
I don’t know about you, but I call it having a “competitive edge“, which is not only helpful during my kids’ primary school life, but also into adulthood. That’s why I stated earlier that the real benefit is the improved self-esteem and learning mentality I’ve seen in my children.
Is There Any Brainetics Scam?
I was surprised to find out that there’s quite a few Google searches related to Brainetics Scam. So is there such a thing? Fortunately, the answer is NO. There are two reasons why the keyword Brainetics Scam shows up:
1. It’s a way for consumers to check if this product is associated with any scam, and if it is worth their time to look any further into the product. It’s actually quite smart to do so before buying any product.
Winner of Parents’ Choice Gold Award
Parents’ Choice Award organization was established in 1978, and its mission is to help parents make informed decisions about which products are suitable for children.
Only the best material is honored by this program and Brainetics won the Gold award in 2008 for A Breakthrough Math and Memory Program.
In addition to that, Brainetics has received countless testimonials from users, as well as praise from teachers and educators around the country. Mike Byster has been invited to many different schools to teach students the Brainetics method.
If you ask me, this program is worth every penny of my investment, and I never regret investing my children’s future.
You also can check out several cheaper alternatives if you believe the price does not justify the purchase. These two products teach the same core concept as Brainetics at a much cheaper price. They’re available right away via instant download, so your kids can start learning right away: